Turn Around Time
48 hours Turnaround times are estimates
The Alpha Feto Protein (AFP) test is predominantly used as a tumor marker to help detect and assess cancers of the liver, testicular, and ovaries.
The Alpha Feto Protein (AFP) test is commonly ordered when:
• Someone is being monitored for cancer recurrence.
• It is suspected that there is liver cancer or certain cancers of the testicles or ovaries.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment for someone who has been diagnosed with liver, testicular or ovarian cancer
- AFP-Primarily: Liver (also Ovarian, Testicular)
- Other Health Conditions
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain and discomfort in the area
- Nutritional and Dietary Symptoms
- Weight loss
Notice To Patients
NutriPATH practices in the usual practitioner-referral system for pathology laboratories. Patients are highly recommended to seek the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner for the interpretation of any lab results and associated information. NutriPATH can offer assistance in locating a suitable practitioner.
How it works
Your referring practitioner will place this order via their online portal.
A test kit will be dispatched to you and you can conveniently collect your sample in the comfort of your home.
Return samples for analysis via the provided courier packaging.
Our highly skilled and qualified team have created a service where patients can easily gain access to a wide range of pathology testing options.
As a leader in the industry, practitioners are able to trust in our ability to provide them with the technology they need to adequately test their clients and patients.