Turn Around Time
2 Business Days Turnaround times are estimates
Gliadin is a protein found in gluten-containing grains like wheat, barley, and rye. Anti-gliadin antibodies are immune proteins produced response to the presence of gliadin in the body.
The anti-gliadin antibody test is useful for supporting the diagnosis of coeliac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity (2). When individuals with coeliac disease ingest gluten, their immune system mistakenly targets and damages the lining of the small intestine, leading to villous atrophy, mucosal inflammation, and systemic symptoms (2).
Through the detection of IgG and IgA anti-gliadin antibodies this panel can help confirm the need for affected individuals to follow a gluten-free diet to manage their condition and alleviate related health issues.
1. Benson BC, Mulder CJ, Laczek JT. Anti-gliadin antibodies identify celiac patients overlooked by tissue transglutaminase antibodies. Hawai’i journal of medicine & public health : a journal of Asia Pacific Medicine & Public Health [Internet]. 2013;72(9 Suppl 4):14–7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764583/
EIA enzyme immunoassay
- Deamidated gliadin antibodies IgG & IgA
EIA (Enzyme immunoassay)
- Nutritional and Dietary Symptoms
- Gluten sensitivity/ intolerance
- Gastrointestinal and Digestive Health
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Other Health Conditions
- Skin and Dermatological Health
- Skin conditions
Notice To Patients
NutriPATH practices in the usual practitioner-referral system for pathology laboratories. Patients are highly recommended to seek the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner for the interpretation of any lab results and associated information. NutriPATH can offer assistance in locating a suitable practitioner.
How it works
Your referring practitioner will place this order via their online portal.
A test kit will be dispatched to you and you can conveniently collect your sample in the comfort of your home.
Return samples for analysis via the provided courier packaging.
Our highly skilled and qualified team have created a service where patients can easily gain access to a wide range of pathology testing options.
As a leader in the industry, practitioners are able to trust in our ability to provide them with the technology they need to adequately test their clients and patients.