Turn Around Time
48 hours Turnaround times are estimates
A carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) test is a blood test used to assess and manage certain types of cancers, especially cancer of the colon. The test measures the amount of CEA present in the blood.
The Carcino Embryonic Antigen (CEA) is commonly ordered when:
• Someone is being monitored for cancer recurrence.
• It is suspected that there is colon cancer or other cancers such as medullary thyroid cancer and cancers of the rectum, lung, breast, liver, pancreas, stomach, and ovaries.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment for someone who has been diagnosed with liver, testicular or ovarian cancer.
- CEA- Primarily: Colorectal (also breast, liver, lung, pancreas, thyroid)
- Gastrointestinal and Digestive Health
- Abdominal pain
- Change of bowel movement
- Other Health Conditions
- Bleeding from the rectum
- Nutritional and Dietary Symptoms
- Symptoms of anaemia
- Weight loss
Notice To Patients
NutriPATH practices in the usual practitioner-referral system for pathology laboratories. Patients are highly recommended to seek the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner for the interpretation of any lab results and associated information. NutriPATH can offer assistance in locating a suitable practitioner.
How it works
Your referring practitioner will place this order via their online portal.
A test kit will be dispatched to you and you can conveniently collect your sample in the comfort of your home.
Return samples for analysis via the provided courier packaging.
Our highly skilled and qualified team have created a service where patients can easily gain access to a wide range of pathology testing options.
As a leader in the industry, practitioners are able to trust in our ability to provide them with the technology they need to adequately test their clients and patients.