EDTA plasma (Fasting) (DRY ICE)
Turn Around Time
Batch Schedule Turnaround times are estimates
S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe), derived from methionine, is a universal methyl donor involved in methylation reactions. These reactions are crucial for DNA synthesis, mental health, and detoxification (1). SAMe also supports joint health, cancer management and mood regulation, making it a valuable compound for managing conditions like depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disease (1). SAMe levels reflect the body’s ability to methylate, and testing SAMe can help identify potential methylation deficiencies or imbalances.
S-Adenosylhomocysteine (SAH) is a precursor to homocysteine and a byproduct of SAMe-dependent methylation reactions (2). Elevated SAH levels can indicate impaired methylation efficiency, potentially contributing to various health issues, including cardiovascular disease and neurological conditions (2).
Monitoring SAMe and SAH levels can provide insights into methylation status and guide interventions to support optimal health.
1. Lu SC, Mato JM. *S*adenosylmethionine in Liver Health, Injury, and Cancer. Physiological Reviews [Internet]. 2012 Oct; 92(4):1515–42. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3698976/
2. Rossignol DA, Frye RE. The Effectiveness of Cobalamin (B12) Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Personalized Medicine [Internet]. 2021 Aug 11; 11(8):784. Available from: https://mdpi-res.com/jpm/jpm-11-00784/article_deploy/jpm-11-00784.pdf
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine SAH
LCMS/MS/MS (Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry)
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Reproductive Health
- Endocrine and Hormonal Health
- Folate and vitamin B12 deficiencies
- Nutritional and Dietary Symptoms
- Other Health Conditions
- Mood disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Neurological Symptoms
- Neurodegenerative diseases
Notice To Patients
NutriPATH practices in the usual practitioner-referral system for pathology laboratories. Patients are highly recommended to seek the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner for the interpretation of any lab results and associated information. NutriPATH can offer assistance in locating a suitable practitioner.
How it works
Your referring practitioner will place this order via their online portal.
A test kit will be dispatched to you and you can conveniently collect your sample in the comfort of your home.
Return samples for analysis via the provided courier packaging.
Our highly skilled and qualified team have created a service where patients can easily gain access to a wide range of pathology testing options.
As a leader in the industry, practitioners are able to trust in our ability to provide them with the technology they need to adequately test their clients and patients.